#4FutureReferences + Yeay! The Very Last Midterm Break..



Hi!!!

Yeay!! I enjoyed my one-week midterm break. Alhamdulillah. Have to go back to KL with heavy heart though because my sister and parent's holiday had just started. Chinese New Year Break to be exact. So, during my free time I did nothing much pun. Heheh. So, give me a million years of holidays still not enough.

As usual, I have working parents, so I need to serve them whenever needed. Doing the simple house chores like the laundry, dishes AND COOKING! Ahah! I had a recipe that I really want to put up here. This lauk had been a total hit! Hahah..Very good when served with steamy hot rice or eat it plain! Unfortunately, I had no proper pictures of it. Heheh.
Here it is. Sambal Kentang + Ikan Bilis + Kacang. Confirm will finish in one go! Next time round, I have to add some tempe for sure!
!!! In real life this would look better and more appetizing! I promise! Haha.

 Sambal Kentang + Ikan Bilis + Kacang + *hopefully tempe Rangup Recipe

Ingredients
Ikan Bilis
Kacang
Kentang
Tempe
  • **all of this above you can use how many you want. Rinse and drained well. As for me, this is the amount that I used. 
  • Remember to slice the potatoes and tempe nice and thin. That way they will be extra crispy.
  • Then, deep fry them. Preferably, do it in batches to ensure that they come out nice and crispy. Plus, this way they will not absorb too much oil.
  • For the peanuts though, I prefer not to deep fry them. Did that, been there. The peanut is very aggressive when in hot oil! Grrr.So, learn from my mistake, simply toast them in the oven until crispy and done. Or do it in a pan with just a tiny bit (like 1 tablespoon) of oil. On low heat, keep stirring for even cooking.
  • Honestly, quite tricky to get the potatoes crispy. But I tried to fry them a bit longer and it helps.
  • When everything is done, set aside.
For sambal 
Approx. 20 batang cili kering *i prefer it spicy,heheh *cut into pieces then soak/boil in hot water.
1 onion
2 shallots
4 cloves of garlic
5 tablespoon of sugar
Tamarind juice
Salt to taste
  • Grind chili,onion,shallots and garlic.
  • Heat some oil (about half a cup, use the frying oil from above also can). Then slowly pour the chili paste. Fry them until oils appears at the surface *pecah minyak.
  • Then add some water + tamarind juice.
  • Make it pecah minyak again.
  • Then add sugar. At this point, constantly stirring until somewhat a crust forming at the bottom. (tapi tak hangit, maksudnya betul-betul kering. ahaha) 
  • Add salt to taste.
  • Set aside to cool.
  • When completely cooled, add fried ikan bilis, tempe and everything you just fried.
  • Done!
Yummsss. Will do it again! But have to wait until another break which will never come because I finished my foundation study already by then! Yeayy. I will do a appreciation post later. I LOVE EVERY SINGLE THING ABOUT MY FOUNDATION STUDY JOURNEY. The people, the environment, the house, everything! You will be missed! 1 year is just too short. Not enough! I want more! 

Bye bye! Tomorrow have to go to 4 kenduri-s then catch my bus back to kl. Sounds tiring but I am going to look back and be grateful that I did this. Until next time loves!! 

Bye.

p/s : oh btw, my mom is busy baking some pineapple tarts for my bekal. Go check them out now!! Deliciousness is here.
If this is not love,, I dont know what it is. I LOVE YOU MOM.
Normally, for travelling the packaging is not like this. Got wax paper in between layers and all. But who cares, I am going to finish this tonight!
Happy pills.




Comments

Popular Posts