#4FutureReferences : Pasar - Malam - Styled Donuts!!

 Hi!!!


My favorite!! I am a big BIG fan of donuts, regardless of what type of donut it is; filled, glazed or even as simple as donuts dusted with powdered sugar, you name it, I love them all. My sister, Aliana, on the other hand, loves cakoi. You know this one stall that every pasar malam have, where they sell donuts, cakoicucur badak and karipap all under one roof! 😆 That's our favorite! A stall that have everything and most importantly have both of our favorites, hehe.

However, now that my sister works away from home, where got friend to go pasar malam leh 😥. So, anything that I crave, I need to make my own. This donut recipe is a win!! Tasted exactly like pasar malam's. The texture is crispy on the outside and chewy but soft and fluffy inside. I just don't know how to describe how close this recipe turns out similar to pasar malam's. You need to either try buy from the stall that I had mentioned earlier or make your own then you know what I meant.

*excuse my yellow nails I got gara-gara kunyit goreng ikan for luncheon 😓

Pasar Malam Styled Donut

Ingredients:

250 gram high protein flour
40 gram white granulated sugar
3 gram dry active yeast
125 ml whole milk
1 whole egg
30 gram margerine/butter

Instructions:

1. Combine all ingredients in mixer bowl and knead for 7 - 10 minutes or until windowpane stage.

2. Once kneaded, can directly roll out/shape the donuts. Dust surface with flour then roll out the dough to desired thickness. Then, cut using donut cutter.

3. Let rest until the donuts risen and doubled.

4. Fry the donuts.

5. Roll fried donuts in powdered sugar then serve! 

TIPS: 
🍩 To achieve that distinct crispy chewy pasar malam styled, I rolled the dough quite thin. 
🍩 This recipe makes quite a lot for me. So, I did fry the whole thing as usual (stop at step 4, if want to save the donuts for later, no need to roll in sugar yet). Then, let them cool completely before keeping in airtight container. You can keep them in either chiller or freezer, both works. To reheat, put them in air fryer for about 5 minutes depending on your air fryer. Then roll in powdered sugar just before serving.
🍩 I also tried making cakoi with the same dough. It works too, just shape them into cakoi instead of donuts.

Tadaa, done! easy peasy donut. I think this recipe is perfect for frozen donuts. I was thinking to make another batch just to have them frozen 😋.

Until next time or if I got time before my prp placement 😴. Bye!! xoxo




Comments

Popular Posts