#4FutureReferences : Spiced Chocolate Cake



Hi!!!

Last Tuesday, I made this spiced chocolate cake for evening tea. The original recipe is not spiced, hehe. Thank you DapurKu Sayang for the recipe! I decided to make use of Rempah Kek Lapis I bought weeks ago. My spiced chocolate cake turned out tasting like a normal chocolate cake as if I did not put any spice in it. Maybe the chocolate flavor is a bit too strong or it was me that put too little amount of spice in. haha.
I found out that this recipe is more to a sponge chocolate cake. Nothing like a typical moist chocolate cake. That is why, again, I decided to put chocolate chunks on top as if I want to give it that fudgy texture you would expect from a chocolate cake. hehe. Supposed to put chocolate ganache on top though, but my mom do not like it since it is a bit too sweet and overly-done for her. One thing to consider when making cake for my parents that I learnt; be as minimal as you can.
Spiced Chocolate Cake
Recipe adapted from Dapurku Sayang

Bahan- bahan :-

3 biji telur gred A
50 g mentega - dicairkan
60 ml susu cair
150 g gula pasir - dikisar halus
1 sk ovallete
1 sk esen vanilla
1/8 sk garam
100 g tepung naik sendiri
40 g serbuk koko
1 sb rempah kek-optional
1 bar chocolate-optional

Cara- cara :-

1. Panaskan oven 170C dan griskan loyang 6/7 inci dengan mentega dan tepung dan alaskan dengan baking paper.

2. Ayak tepung, serbuk koko dan rempah kek.

3. Satukan telur, susu cair, gula, garam, ovallete dan esen vanilla dalam mangkuk pengadun dan putar sehingga putih dan gebu.

4. Masukkan tepung sedikit demi sedikit sambil diputar perlahan sehingga sebati.

5. Masukkan mentega cair dan kaup balik menggunakan spatula.

6. Tuangkan adunan ke dalam loyang dan bakar selama 20-25 minit atau sehingga masak.

7. Setelah masak, keluarkan dari oven dan letakkan coklat yang dipatah-patahkan. Sejukkan.

p/s : For step 7, try to put a little bit of pressure as if you are trying to bury the chocolate in but not too far in. haha.
      : If you were to put ganache on top, skip step 7. Let cool completely before putting ganche on.
Best serve the day after. This recipe is definitely a keeper. It is not overly sweet, just nice. Next time, want to try devil food cake pulak. But need to wait for the other three to come home first, mama and ayah for sure will not enjoy the devil food cake as much. They prefer pandan cake and steamed fruit cake better. 😩
Bye!!



p/s : Please pray for me. I microwaved my mom's tupperware with lid on. The lid was a total lost though. huhu






Comments

Popular Posts