#4FutureReferences : Pavlova


Hi!!

In today's post I am going to keep a pavlova recipe, Aliana's favourite. I made this pavlova weeks ago, during my study week. In fact, I am having Last Paper Syndrome (LPS) at the moment, hehe ✌. My last paper which is Toxicology will be on this coming Monday! Oh, I could not believe that I am almost done with my third semester! It was indeed a roller-coaster ride for me, but I enjoyed every single moment of it. Alhamdulillah.


Back to our pavlova, my second eldest sister, Aliana requested this for so long already. However, I kept procrastinating and denying to make one for her because pavlova to me is super sweet 👀. But this time when I went home for study week, she kept on repeating and singing ' I do not ask much, I just want pavlova' days and night!!! erghh, fine. After the pavlova was ready to eat, I made sure (read:forced) she only drinks plain water. But honestly though this pavlova was balanced and not so sweet because I did not add sugar in the cream as I used ready-to-whip cream that I thought is already sweet but it does not! Haha.
I used eaxctly this one, but it tasted not so sweet at all.
Or is it because there is something I did wrong somewhere 😬

I tried another brand before, yang Rich's Gold Label one. That one, for me tasted better and sweeter, just the way I like. But above all, it was fine because my toppings are canned peaches are sweet and tart blueberries. So, everything turns out to be great and went together very well.


Pavlova
source : Cik Epal

Bahan-bahan :

*Meringue*
4 biji putih telur
3/4 cawan gula kastor
1 sudu besar tepung jagung
1 sudu teh cuka makan
1 sudu teh esen vanila

*Topping*
whipping cream
buah-buahan kegemaran!


Cara-cara:

1. *meringue* Pukul putih telur sehingga berbuih, baru masukkan gula kastor sedikit demi sedikit.
2. Pukul sehingga kembang dan 'stiff" atau bila terbalikkan mangkuk putih telur tu tak jatuh.
3. Masukkan tepung jagung, cuka makan dan esen vanila. Kaup balik menggunakan spatula atau pukul sekejapp sehingga sebati.
4. Letakkan atas baking tray yang dialas dengan baking paper, terpulang nak pipe atau tak.
5. Bakar selama 1 jam-1 jam 15 minit pada suhu 150C bergantung kepada oven masing-masing. Bila dah siap bakar, buka sikit pintu oven dan biarkan sejukkan dalam oven.
6. *topping* Pukul whipping cream dan boleh lah hias mengikut citarasa masing-masing! 😉 Potong buah cantik-cantik lepastu letak whipping cream dulu baru susun buah atas tu.
7. Sejukkan dulu baru hidang.

TIPS:
 1. Lap dulu semua parts of mixer (ie. whisk and bowl) dengan cuka atau lemon juice. This extra step adalah untuk pastikan tiada minyak/air yang boleh sebabkan meringue tu tak jadi nanti.

2. Whipping cream tu beli dekat kedai yang jual bakery ingredients tu sebab legit lagi murah. (ie. This one that I used, 1 litre kot bawah rm10 je tak silap. Kalau yang dekat supermarket tu mahal sikit around rm20-rm30 depending on brand and volume. Tapi itu dairy whipping cream sebab tu mahal sikit kot hehe).

3. Kalau ada oven kecik sikit, nak buat besar terus (ie. one-piece) macam tak muat. sebab nanti dia kembang sikit, so diameter dia macam tak cukup nanti. Jadi, boleh bahagi bakar separuh-separuh atau buat kecil2 (ie. individual serving size).

4. In my opinion, pukul cream tu betul betul lepastu make sure sejuk. Sebab takut nanti cream tu somehow seperate dekat atas pavlova tu dan menyebabkan pavlova tu lembap yang tak best 😭

Okay done! Aliana's wish-list so far all ticked. Now, it is Anis' turn, she requested Unicorn/Rainbow Butter cake that I used to make before but never put it up here. Wait a bit more alright sisters?! Dede is coming home this Monday!! 🙌

Misi semester break dede : nak belajar buat kuih-muih tradisional huhu sebab kesian mama ayah tak minat sangat dessert2 begini. banyak gula dah satu hal adehh la kakak2 saya nasib baik sayang 😤😜

Bye!!!!
xoxo







Comments

Popular Posts