#4FutureReferences : Creamy Baked Oreo Cheesecake!!



Hii!!!

How was everyone doing?! I hope that everyone is doing fine and great! even if it has been longgg since 18th March 😭. This MCO thingy had got me lose my sanity bit by bit day by day. But honestly, I do not mind though about whatever restrictions that we had to go through because at the end of the day, it is for our own good! but the mad MAD deadlines are suffocating. but again, things will get better as time goes by, just keep going! 😰💪

And on a side notes, I would like to wish everyone Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri! Ampun Maaf Zahir dan Batin, k! 💗  Raya is my favorite FAVORITE time of the year!! I always love guests coming over, family gathering and literally everything about raya. But, this year's raya is very different, Acu is no longer here with us, she's in better place with Him who loves her more! 💗 I missed your Nasi Tomato you used to make on pagi raya each and every year 😥😥 This year's celebration is super short too! I only got to visit both of my grandparents which gratefully both are in Perlis and that's it. Tak main mercun pun this year!!


This is the cheesecake I made for my sister, Anis. We have been contemplating to buy those biscuit spread that gone viral but we decided not to because girls are always complicated like that 😝.  This cheesecake is actually a new york style cheesecake but I used Oreo instead of digestive biscuits as the crust. That what makes it Oreo Cheesecake, hahah! So, if you wanted to make New York Style Cheesecake instead, can use this recipe too but change the Oreo crumbs in the recipe with digestive biscuits/ Graham Crackers crumb instead.

New York Cheesecake
recipe adapted from here.
pan: 9 @ 10 inch round spring form pan

Ingredients:-

For the crust;
2 and 1/2 cup digestive biscuits crumb
5 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted *also equals to 71g, so weigh 71g then melt it
2 tablespoon sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt

For the filling;
32 oz (four 8-oz Philadelphia blocks), at room temperature * I used 1kg blocks of Anchor cream cheese
2 cups sugar
3 tablespoon all purpose flour
4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon, packed lemon zest
2 teaspoon lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon salt
6 large eggs
1/2 cup sour cream * I used (125ml) full fat yogurt

Instructions:

For the crust;
1. Prepare the pan. Grease the pan with butter or non-stick baking spray. Wrap the outside of the pan with aluminium foil.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine all of the ingredients then mixed well until the texture looks like wet sand.
3. Then press the crumb into an even layer on the bottom of the prepared pan.
4. Bake the crust at 180C for 10 minutes.
5. Once done, take out of the oven and let cool while preparing the filling.

For the filling;
1. In standing mixer, add in the cream cheese and beat on low for 1 minutes to loosen it a bit.
2. Add in sugar and all purpose flour into the cream cheese and beat just until smooth. Remember not to overbeat.
3. Scrape the side and bottom of the mixing bowl, then add vanilla extract, lemon juice and lemon zest. Mix again just until combine.
4. Add in eggs one at a time. Scraping down the side of the bowl when necessary. Mix just until the batter is smooth and incorprated.
5. Mix in the sour cream. Mix again until everything is well combined but remember not to overbeat.
6. Pour the batter onto the crust.
7. Bake in the oven at 170C  in bain marie or water bath for 1 hour and 30 minutes. When the cake is done, it is a bit jiggly but it is fine.

TIPS:

1. Make sure the cream cheese is at room temperature. So that it is easier for your mixer to mix and for you to handle. 😜

2. To wrap the spring form pan, use heavy duty BIG, LARGE and WIDE aluminium foil. I used the normal aluminium foil I have at home since that is all I got and think it will work just fine. BUT IT DOES NOT. The water seeps into my spring form pan even if I double wrapped it. So, lesson learnt. Use heavy duty large aluminium foil instead next time!

3. Do not attempt to take the cake out of the pan when it is still warm. I did just that. My sister came when the cake is done and asked if she can eat it already. I hate making people wait, LOL, so I removed the caked from the pan when it is still warm and it just do not work. So, next time I need to tell my sister to wait! 😂 Preferably, chill the cake inside the pan in the fridge overnight first before removing it from the pan okay!

4. I used 9 inch round spring form pan and that is the height of the cake. Personally, my sister prefer her cheesecake shorter so that she got to eat just the right amount of cake with crumbs in a single bite. So, next time I think I need to use bigger pan (ie. 10 inch)

5. Next time you are making this, measure the lemon juice! This time you make it, your sister came and say she loves lemon so you put the juice of half of lemon. The taste is okay and just good! But you are not making lemon cheesecake, so yeah 😐

6. If you are using yogurt again, try to use Greek Yogurt next time. This time I am using the normal yogurt not Greek Yogurt that I finds a bit liquidy compared to sour cream. I think Greek Yogurt is more similar to sour cream, texture-wise.

7. The cheesecake tasted better and better over-time though. So, this cake is great if mama got kenduri some more, so can make this ahead! 😜


That is all. All the best everyone! I know you are struggling with this online learning thingy (or at least I did 😅) but you got this! You are not alone frenss, we are in this together. Caiyokk 💪💗
Bye!!!! Take care, stay safe and stay at home!! 😴 xoxo

Comments

Popular Posts