#4FutureReferences : Tok's Favorite Almond London!!



Hi!!!

This is almond london cookies tok cannot raya without! Normally, my aunt will buy few boxes of almond london for Tok. But this year, my aunt cannot balik kampung, so Tok was so sad and thought there is no Almond London cookies for her. Came on lah, Tok! Dede can make one for you lah! Don't worry okay Tok!! hahah 😆

Personally, I really love this recipe I got from Che Nom! I tried two of Che Nom's cookies recipe which are Almond London and Red Velvet. Both are amaazingly delicious. My mom and I are intimidated to make homemade Raya cookies this year, simply because we just don't like the texture and taste of the cookies. They never tasted as good as store-bought. Hahah. But, this year, I found out the tricks! and the cookies we made tastes just like the store-bought one, InsyaAllah! 😍


Almond London Cookies

Ingredients:

250g whole almond
100g almonds nibs
250g butter
94g Icing sugar
2 egg yolks
250g plain flour
200g corn flour 
2 tbsp rice flour
50g / 1⅓ cornflakes powder (or may replace with almond powder)
2 tbsp milk powder
500g cooking chocolate (milk or dark chocolate compound) 
1-2 tbsp of shortening

Instructions:

1. Lightly toast whole almond and almond nibs in the oven. Toast for about 10-15 minutes or until you can smell the oil from toasted almond. Whole almond will take longer than almond nibs. Once toasted, set aside to cool.
2. Combine and sift the dry ingredients which are plain flour, corn flour, rice flour, milk powder and almond meal. Set aside.
3. In another mixing bowl, cream together the butter and icing sugar until light and fluffy.
4. Scrape down the side of the bowl, then add in the egg yolks one at a time.
5. Add in the sifted dry ingredients and mix well and dough formed.
6. Take some dough and wrap around the whole almond and place it on baking tray. No need to space too much as this cookies will not spread. Repeat this step until all of the dough is finish.
7. Bake in preheated oven at 170C for 20 minutes depending on the oven.
8. Melt the chocolate with shortening in double boiler.
9. Dip the cookies into the chocolate. Place the dipped cookies in small paper cups.
10. Sprinkle toasted almond nibs on top. and Done!!

TIPS:

1. I used superfine flour instead of plain all-purpose-flour.

2. Use butter with the best quality!! This butter selection thing makes a huge different. I found out that the pricier the butter the better the results and taste of the  cookies! 😵

3. For chocolate dipping, I prefer milk chocolate and used chopstick to dip and to put it in the small paper cups. Super easy and highly recommended!

4. The recipe claims that it makes about 125 pieces of cookies. From half of the recipe, I managed to fill 2 standard sized balang kuih raya. (Alaa those with red/black lids 😆)

5. The whole almond! I suggest that next time, I need to toast the whole almond longer and really make sure that it is crispy.  I also heard that there is a tip which is to dry the whole almond in the sun first before toasting. I think I should try that and toast my almond longer. Don't rush okay! 😗

That is it, frenss. Byee!! xoxo

Comments

Popular Posts