#4FutureReferences: Japanese Cotton Cheesecake!

 Hi!!!

    I just finished online OSCE last Wednesday and damn it was hard 😭 *at least for me who did not have any idea how online OSCE suppose to be!! There are two part of the exam; Interactive and Non-interactive. I think the interactive part was good since we just have to counsel patient about different dosage forms. But! the non-interactive part?? mehh.. the questions, calculations and everything was okay but the time limit!! We were given only 20 minutes to answer all questions. I find it hard because the fact that we have to do it online, it is time consuming you know to use calculator and to type the calculation steps 😂 and not to mention to understand the tricky and complicated questions. I prefer answering it physically because I need to conteng2 the paper in order to understand questions better. Regardless, it was a little nerve-wrecking but good lah cause I've got to experience online OSCE that have never been done before.

    Honestly, I was very anxious the night before the exam, so I have to channel the energy somewhere. So, I made Japanese Cotton Cheesecake. My mother used to like this cake so much that we always buy this cake at Tesco. Japanese Cotton Cheesecake from Tesco is so sedap I tell youu. But I am not sure if they still got it or not since I have not been to Tesco long time already hehe. This cake I made tasted the same like the Tesco one and my mom approved! I got the recipe from dailymakan.com.

Japanese Cotton Cheesecake

Loyang bulat 8"


Bahan-bahan

A
250gm cream cheese
50gm butter
50gm gula kastor
80gm susu segar
5 biji kuning telur
50gm tepung kek * I used tepung gandum
20gm tepung jagung
1 sudu teh esen vanila

B
5 biji putih telur
50gm gula kastor
1 sudu teh cream of tartar

Cara-cara:


1. Panaskan oven 170C (tapi oven saya nak guna bain marie kena panas sikit so 190C hehe).

2. Cairkan butter dan cream cheese dengan cara double boiler (saya malas jadi masuk microwave ajo).

3. Masa campuran cream cheese dan butter masih panas, masukkan gula kastor dan susu segar. Kacau sehingga sebati.

4. Masukkan kuning telur satu demi satu dan kacau lagi sampai sebati.

5. Masukkan esen vanila.

6. Masukkan campuran tepung gandum dan tepung jagung yang telah diayak. Kacau sehingga sebati.

7. Dalam mangkuk asing, pukul putih telur dan cream of tartar sehingga berbuih.

8. Masukkan gula sedikit demi sedikit dan teruskan pukul sehingga soft peak.

9. Satukan adunan putih telur dan adunan cream cheese tadi dan kaup balik sehingga sebati.

10. Tuang ke dalam loyang dan bakar dengan kaedah water bath/bain marie selama 60-70 minit atau sehingga masak.

TIPS:-

1. After adding flour into the cream cheese mixture, it clumps and even though I mix for a while pun tak larut jugak. So, I sieved the mixture before adding it into the egg whites. But if you are careful enough and slowly adding the flour mixture bit by bit, I think it will not clump up like mine 😬.

2. Do not overbeat the egg whites sebab kalau stiff sangat, susah nak incorporate both mixture. 

3. Honestly, I cheated the recipe by using leftover cream cheese frosting (200g) for my carrot cake hehe. In the frosting I only put cream cheese, dairy whipping cream and some sweetened condensed milk. I checked the consistency of the frosting, it is not runny and still look like cream cheese so I tibai je lah 😆. Since I put sweetened condensed milk already, I reduced the total amount of sugar to 70gm only. Kalau rasa cream cheese frosting tu dah manis, tak payah letak gula lansung pun okay 😉.

Helu kukkie, if you are reading this, Happy Birthday!!!💟😚
Okay, bye!!! xoxo




Comments

Popular Posts