#4FutureReferences : Long Story Short of Korean Cream Cheese Garlic Bread!

Hi!!!

It's been a while since I last wrote something here. Last time I was still a student but now I finished my study already and yeay, we made it, friends! I am currently doing what I am very best at; never ending house chores and my hobbies hehe, since the last September while waiting for my PRP placement and convocation ceremony 👯.

Fast forward to this day, today I made my sister's favorite bun but with a twist or better yet my own version of it. The OG Korean Cream Cheese Garlic Bread were normally made with plain bun which then filled and dunked in garlic butter then baked again.

Nevertheless, my version of it is a single proof bun recipe and I did filled the bun before baking so one less step (to wait the bun cool then to slice each bun into like what six part to make room for the filling urghh 😬) to do! I started making the dough after I had dinner and I have no plan to stay up late baking all those bread 😴. In my defense, I prefer my version way better because it requires minimal ingredients as compared to the original recipe and taste wise; they are less sweet, not as rich and time saving too! 


Korean Cream Cheese Garlic Bread
Yields 14 pcs ( ~ 50 g each)

Ingredients:

Part A : Basic Sweet Milk Bun 

355 gram high protein flour / bread flour
180 ml fresh milk
115 gram sweetened condensed milk
6 gram instant dry yeast
30 gram butter

Part B : Cream Cheese Filling

125 gram cream cheese
2 tablespoons white granulated sugar

Part C : Garlic Butter

2 tablespoons  melted butter
3 cloves of garlic
1 egg
1 tablespoon white granulated sugar
2 tablespoons fresh milk

*note that I did not add any additional salt because I am using salted butter. Feel free to add if you use unsalted 😉

Instructions:

1. Combine all ingredients (Part A) in a mixer bowl then knead using stand mixer attached with dough hook attachment for 15 - 20 minutes until smooth and elastic (windowpane).

2. Divide dough into 14 pieces (each weighs about 50 gram) and round into ball. Let rest for 15 minutes while preparing the filling.

3. For the filling (Part B), simply combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Then, transfer them into a piping bag.

3. Once rested, working with one dough ball at a time, flattened the dough into a rough rectangle. Pipe the cream cheese filing along the top edge then shape the bun. 

4. Place the shaped bun into a paper cup, if using, then let them proof for 1 hour.

5. Bake the bun in the preheated oven at 180C for 25 minutes.

7. For the garlic butter, combine all ingredients into a bowl and mix well. 

6. Take the bun out of the oven and set aside for 10 minute or until they are warm enough to handle.

7. While warm, dunk them into the garlic butter then bake again for about 15 minutes or until golden brown.

And that's it! cream cheese garlic bun made easy. And oh, if you want more filling you can always do that! Note to self: I did pipe a single line of the filling but my sister questioned if I purposely do that to save that precious block of cream cheese for other recipe. LOL 😑

Okay until next time, bye!!! xoxo




Comments

Popular Posts