Happy Birthday Wan! + #4FutureReferences : Chocolate Cake Fav Mama



Hi!!!

April 4th is Wan's birthday. Happiest Birthday, Wan! Dede sayang wan. Dede doakan wan panjang umur dan murah rezeki. Cepat sihat wan! Jaga makan, tak payah dah pegi kebun 😭.
For Wan's birthday, I made chocolate cake but we ate the whole cake. Hehe. This chocolate cake recipe was mama's go-to since we were kids. Mama loveee this cake a lot that I remember mama used to modify the recipe to our liking. She used to put canned blueberries, make layered cake by adding horlicks and many many more variations. I miss mama. Thank you mama for making my childhood a wonderful one!💓
This is where the recipe was adapted from! From the magazine Amogram August 2003. I was 4 at that time!! We really need to put the recipe here, worried if we lost that clippings. This cake is not sweet at all, just nice. Very classic one. You can taste the chocolate with hints of blueberries. Yummy!! 
Blueberry Chocolate Cake
Adapted from Amogram '03

Bahan-bahan :-

250g mentega
180g gula kastor
40g gula aising
4 biji telur dipukul lembut
1 sudu kecil esen vanilla
100g jem

*diayak bersama
250g tepung naik sendiri
100g serbuk koko
2 sudu kecil soda bikarbonat

*susu dadih
500ml susu sejat
2 sudu besar jus limau nipis

Cara:
1. Panaskan dahulu ketuhar sehingga 180C
2. Guna bilah pengulian - pukul mentega bersama gula dan gula aising sehingga lembut dan gebu.
3. Masukkan telur, sedikit demi sedikit dan masukkan esen vanilla dan jem.
4. Kaup balikkan dalam ramuan-ramuan yang diayak dan susu dadih berselang-seli.
5. Tuang beter ke dalam bekas pembakar (10x10) yang telah digris nipis.
6. Bakar selama 45 minit atau sehingga masak.
7. Pilihan : Guna hias atas fudge coklat untuk kek yang lebih berkrim.


The recipe calls for 100g of jam but I put 200g instead because I lovee jam. Also, the jam makes the cake moist! Lovee. 😍😍
I paired this cake with tea. As a teaperson myself, I enjoy trying out new flavors and tea variations. This time, I tried Ahmad Tea Detox. Got ginger inside. Huhu. Okay la interesting flavors but not for me or at least not everyday tea. Hehe.

.
I end my midsem break here. xoxo

Bye!!!!














Comments

Popular Posts